Florida Hospital Celebration Health's plans for the next decade include a second patient tower, a surgery expansion and a new obesity program. The 112-bed hospital, one of seven facilities in the Florida Hospital system, specializes in minimally-invasive surgery.
The Expansion of Celebration Health is to help meet the growing needs of Celebration Florida and the surrounding area. In the planning stages at this time:
- Celebration Health will be expanding the surgical area with a $16 million expansion to include four new Operating Rooms, bringing the total to 11
- Hospital officials hope to break ground on a second patient tower, with 120 beds and 120,000 square feet. The $125 million expansion, along with a parking addition, could be complete by 2011 if the money is raised next year, a hospital official said.
- In the next decade, the hospital plans a $35 million complex to house its surgical training center. Officials expect the Nicholson Center for Surgical Advancement will train as many as 20,000 doctors annually, up from 6,000 to 7,000.The Celebration facility also will begin offering radiation and oncology services.
This is in addition to enhancements that happened earlier this year with Celebration Health added:
- 10-bed Rapid-in-and-Out Unit, to move people from the Emergency Department into Admitting in the Hospital
- six additional emergency-department beds
- Expanded the waiting area.
With all this growth, will come more professionals that will want to live in Celebration. Celebration Health Center is located:
400 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747